Friday, June 21, 2013

Project Healthy: Jillian Michaels Detox Water

This week, I decided to give the Jillian Michaels Detox Water cleanse a try. It was appealing to me because you could still eat normally (eating healthier helps, though), and all you had to do was add a cup of brewed tea and a very small amount of cranberry juice and lemon juice to about 8 cups of water that you will drink all day.


The Recipe:
*60 ounces purified water
*2 tablespoons pure cranberry juice
*2 tablespoons of lemon juice
*1 cup of brewed dandelion detox tea

I must say that I loved this cleanse after day one. I really like the taste of the water, and it was pretty easy for me to down the 60 ounces upon arriving home from work. The morning after the first day of drinking this cleanse drink, my tummy was much flatter and I felt much more confident about myself because of this reason. I must admit, though, it definitely "cleans you out" the first day, if you know what I mean. Like, a lot.
But this is definitely a good thing for your body.

I eat a ton of fiber during the day, so my stomach is usually pretty bloated, but this cleanse has completely flattened it out by Day 5! I am very impressed. I highly recommend this "cleanse", because it is easy, it works, and you can still eat!

Now, I have noticed that I drink way more than 60 ounces of water a day. I am considering buying a gallon Ice Mountain jug and skewing the ingredients so that I can drink this gallon all day long. You can do this too, but if 60 ounces is plenty for you, then drink that all throughout the day and you will have the same affect. I also recommend drinking plain water on top of this too, especially if you are exercising, but it is completely up to you. Here is what I bought:


I unfortunately bought a cranberry juice mix that included grape juice and apple juice, but it had no sugar added so I think it worked just fine. I am sure that regular 100% cranberry juice would work better, though, especially if it is organic. Be sure that there is no sugar added! I found my detox tea in Walmart in the tea aisle. The tea is called "EveryDay Detox" by Traditional Medicinals. It tastes great, kind of like licorice, and it definitely did the job. And, these tea bags are compostable, so you can throw it in the garden and give back to the earth what you took from it (a great added bonus, in my opinion).

So overall, I say YES to Jillian Michaels Detox Water recipe. It can't hurt anyone, and you can still eat whatever you like! I do suggest eating more fiber during this and it will only help you even more. Plus, with the way she looks, I might just follow anything she says.

Let me know if you tried it, and how your results turned out!

One More Thing: I have seen some things on Pinterest claiming that you will lose 5 pounds of fat by doing this cleanse. I highly doubt this. It is possible to lose 5 pounds of gunk from your intestines, but I do not endorse this for fat loss. In fact, I have not lost any weight from doing this cleanse, but I still look and feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment