Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Hippie's Hip Tattoo


I got this little beauty on my hip yesterday at a tattoo shop called Little Buddha in Steger, Illinois (done by Kenny Young). I couldn't be happier with the results! I had a dream before I came home for summer break. I dreamed that this tattoo was on my hip, and when I woke up, it made a lot of sense for me.

See, my mother was always into yoga when I was younger, so our house was constantly decked out with moon, star, and sun wallpaper, incense burners, candle holders, you name it! It reminds me of our bond together.

Not only that, but I am very interested in tarot cards. I give out tarot card readings and also collect vintage decks. The 19th card (XIX) of the Major Arcana is called The Sun. This card represents someone who makes positive decisions that will help them have a great future. It also represents happiness and strong relationships, along with a charitable person. These are some things that I would like to continue to work towards, so this tattoo meant the world to me.

The Sun:


Tattoos are a wonderful thing! However, I did indeed find it pretty painful (especially on my hip bone). I would say that my pain threshold is below average, so I am sure it isn't as bad for most people. So, if you have a dream or a feeling you should get something, take the jump and GET INKED!

No comments:

Post a Comment