Saturday, June 29, 2013

Quick Protein-Filled Recipe

I didn't have time to take a picture, but here is a filling, healthy, and protein-filled lunch if you are looking for some ideas:

*1 six oz fillet of fresh catch cod
*1/3 cup edamame soybeans
*1 medium tomato, sliced

Throw into a bowl and sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and basil

*1 cup soy milk
*1 scoop plant-based protein (I use Vegn Sport brand)
*1 cup watermelon
*1/2 cup pineapple

Blend ingredients together for a delicious protein shake! Of course, if you are a whey protein fan, you can use whey, but I believe that plant-based protein to be much better for you. At least, I used to get severe stomach cramps from whey protein, and I no longer get these from the pea protein isolate that I use.

Note: I do eat an odd mixture of vegetarian/vegan/pescetarian, so my recipes revolve around this. I do offer some alternatives though, too, in the description. Have a healthy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment